Sunday, May 31, 2015

JUNE 2015 SPECIAL - professional head shots - in the studio or environmental

Many of you do not know that I offer professional head shots.  So to get the word out, today I'm posting a few samples for you to see what I do.  Head shots are offered on location in an environmental setting or in the studio {or I can bring a backdrop and lights to you}. There are black, neutral grey, white, or blue back drops to choose from.

June seems like a great time to offer a special on head shots. Normally we charge $150.00 for a studio and/or environmental head shot, however this month only {June 2015} we are offering them at $100 if you come to us or $125 if we travel to you, which can be anywhere in the Triad or some areas of the Triangle {North Carolina}. To check availability and/or to set up an appointment for your head shot, please contact me via my website by filling out the contact form or feel free to give me a call.

So without further ado here are samples I've done for two of my clients, along with a little bio of each.


Jenny Viars, Photographer

Jenny Viars is the owner and photographer at Dancing Lemur, based in Winston-Salem. She also works as the youth manager at the non-profit organization, A Brighter Path Foundation.  Jenny is involved in the Winston-Salem Theatre Alliance, with the River Run International Film Festival, and is the official photographer for the band, Big Daddy Love - among many other things. She is quite the busy gal! 

Jenny & I met at Old Salem Village & Salem College for her headshot.  This location always makes for a beautiful setting for a portrait of any kind.  Many of my own clients have met or will have the opportunity to meet Jenny in the future, as she often works for me as my second photographer at weddings. Every now & then she has been along to assist me while I'm shooting a bridal, engagement, or other lifestyle session as well.   We also got to work together at several of the events during the 2015 River Run International Film Festival this spring.

Jenny can be found on facebook at Dancing Lemur Photography or via her website.








Ross Howell, Author 

Ross Howell Jr. is an Adjunct Assistant Professor of English at the University of Elon. He is currently writing his first novel, Forsaken, based on historical nonfiction. Be sure to visit his website for more information. Ross chose to do environmental & studio head shots, so that his publishers would have a variety to select from for marketing as well as an author photo for the book jacket & for his website.  

Ross & I have known each other for about 18 years now & met when we both lived in Charlottesville, VA. A publisher at the time, Ross worked with my father, Chiles T.A. Larson, on publishing his first book Virginia's Past Today. Ross moved to the Greensboro area about year after I did & we reconnected shortly thereafter. I was honored when he asked me to photograph his wedding in 2010.  

Forsaken is expected to be available sometime in February 2016. Be sure to follow his website and/or blog for more information. I look forward to receiving an inscribed copy and to of course to reading his novel.








No comments: