Thursday, June 05, 2008

king family vineyard wedding: margaret+nate

king family vineyards in the beautiful blue ridge mountains of virginia was the setting for margaret and nate's may 23rd wedding. and what an amazing couple they are! in less than a month they've done all of this: nate's medical school graduation, got married, took a quick honeymoon trip to asheville, nc, relocated from virginia to utah! and i thought i had a busy schedule :-).... wow! they truly were one of the most laid back and relaxed couples we've ever worked with. love was in the air and what a wonderful evening it was!







margaret wore her grandmother's sapphire and diamond pendant on her gown. i love how my lens baby, a selective focus lens captured both the detail in her pendant and how it gives such a 'dreamy' look in the b+w of margaret above.












gorgous flowers were created by pat's floral designs. the sweet scent of peonies in margaret's bouquet still lingers (peonies are my all-time favorite flower!). pictured below is a detail of nate's boutonnière.








margaret and nate served cupcakes rather than wedding cake to their guests, which added a fun flair to such a festive evening :-)!!




margaret and nate changed into their chuck taylor's during the reception to dance the night away in...



to see a slideshow from margaret and nate's wedding, please follow this link here and enjoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Elizabeth, I first saw Margaret and Nate's pictures on my Blackberry! Even at that very small viewing size, I was thrilled! You and Anthony were so lovely to work with.......I loved your calm and comfortable manner. The black and whites are gorgeous, I'm so glad Margaret wanted those. We can't wait to "relive" the big day again through your pictures. We have one more daughter............do you travel to Pittsburgh??? Many thanks to you and Anthony. Have a wonderful summer.
Kathleen

Nate said...

Elizabeth, I am beyond thrilled, excited, and joyful about your work. It all goes so fast...as many brides say... and there's much I wish I remembered with better clarity. I can see, even from the few pictures you posted on the blog, that your work will help me with the details!! From the hankie to the heirloom pin - you caught the little things that meant so much to Nate and I. Thank-you, thank-you!!!