Monday, April 06, 2015

kara + matt - high rock lake engagement session

Late last summer, I met up with Kara & Matt at his dad & stepmother's home on High Rock Lake in North Carolina for their engagement session. We started off at the waterfront lake house with Matt's son joining us for a few photos before heading out on the lake. Matt's dad took us out for about an hour on the pontoon boat just before sunset. We had perfect weather & the light couldn't of been any better.

One of Kara & Matt's requests was to get a few shots of them up on an old bridge crossing over the lake. Matt's dad got us up under the bridge so they could climb out and then he backed up so I could get the shots - he was such a great captain! I'm sure the other boaters weren't quite sure what we were up to! I love how this couple is so full of adventure, not to mention they both have a wonderful sense of humor. Very enjoyable to be around them!

Kara & I have a bridal session planned for after the wedding & yes the lake will play a big role in it - its going to be a surprise, be sure to follow our posts so you don't miss out.  I've really enjoyed getting to know this couple over the past several months, as we've planned out their wedding alongside Tonya of ABBA Design {she's awesome!}. And I'm really looking forward to their wedding this coming weekend at the lake house!

No comments: