Thursday, December 20, 2007

christmas cheer 2007

one of my favorite pastimes during the holidays is to find the most festive and creative of displays, and then to document them with my camera. so when my friend pam dropped by one evening last week, she told me about a 'not to be missed' christmas light display she'd seen last season. so we piled into her truck with her jack russell, springer, and took a drive up north to caswell county, nc (29 north to exit 158e, go approx 7 miles turn right at caution light---follow the glow in the sky)... she was right--it's not to be missed. this is just a small sampling of the holiday display!



this past weekend, i spent some time up in the tidewater virginia area visiting my family. my sister, sarah and i spotted this cheerfully decorated combine along the highway at a tractor + farm supply place in hartfield, va. she insisted i stop and i was glad to have my monopod and camera in tow. i wish i could show how the lights were continously blinking around the tires. you have to see it for yourselves to get the full effect! this tops my list as one of the most creative.

No comments: